Sorry, this job has expired.
Amsted Rail is currently seeking a wheel inspector for our Groveport foundry to perform Magnaglo, ultrasonic and visual inspection of wheels for surface and sub-surface defects.
• College degree desired.
• Background in inspection or related technical skill base.
• Demonstrate sufficient knowledge of ultrasonic to work with defect codes.
• Ability to work extended hours and extra shifts as needed to cover vacancies and other scheduling/operational needs.
• Must be organized, self-starting, logical thinking and able to manage multiple priorities.
• Must be capable of gaining Level I certification in magnetic particle and ultrasonic inspection, as established by the American Society for Non-Destructive Testing and required by AAR, within eighteen months on the job.
• Perform visual, ultrasonic and magnetic particle inspection of wheels for conformance to applicable standards and specifications.
• Perform periodic inspection on final line, visually checking stamping for readability and proper depth, chamfering, stenciling, bores, hubs, plates and pads. Check flange thickness and height by use of a flange gauge.
• Set up, change, or adjust equipment as necessary to assure correct inspection of wheels.
• Advise supervisor immediately when defects become excessive.
• Mix magnetic particle solution in holding tank and clean weekly.
• Maintain inspection booth in clean and orderly fashion.
• Check tape lines on master tape line for accuracy when working final line.
• Check weight of wheels and keep record of weight, bore size and type when working final line.